The Taunton Public Library’s permanent residence got its start from Andrew Carnegie, who gave $70,000 to the town of Taunton for its construction. Albert Randolph Ross, a nationally-known architect of museums, courthouses, public monuments, and numerous libraries (including many Carnegies), designed the Beaux Arts style library. The Taunton Public Library opened its doors in 1904; renovations and additions have followed over the years, and the structure was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. The Library’s motto, “Where Knowledge Blooms,” is evident in the wide array of community services and programs it offers. For more information, visit http://www.tauntonlibrary.org/.